Many people confuse e-commerce and e-marketing. Indeed, there is a very big difference between the two appellations when e-commerce is a branch of e-marketing.
- What is e-commerce?
- What are the tools of e-commerce?
- What are the benefits of e-commerce?
- What are the different types of e-commerce?
- How to organize your e-commerce shop?
- What is the difference between e-commerce and e-marketing?
These are the key points that will allow us to better understand e-commerce or online commerce.
1- E-COMMERCE DEFINITION
E-commerce is the action of collecting an order or payment from a website.
Online sales consists of putting online purchase orders (forms) or a real online shop that presents the products for sale and its corresponding descriptions.
Whatever is said, e-commerce represents the exchange of goods and services via a website through an order received beforehand.
2- E-COMMERCE TOOLS.
The tools of e-commerce are the elements that facilitate the realization of e-commerce in this case the CMS (content management system) wordpress, elaborate sites specialized amazon, e-bay…
WordPress is a CMS that allows you to create websites and manage its content, namely publishing, editing, classifying, deleting, structuring different pages and articles, via the publisher WYSIWYG (in word format) and inserting images or videos from its own Free media library as well as images, videos, pdf, personal words files directly from the bloc editor.
WordPress allows you to design SEO-optimized content websites, create purchase orders, booking forms, have an international online payment link, create an e-commerce store… For the case, we will be interested in the online store that is possible with the Woocommerce extension.
Woocommerce is the tool to use if you are thinking about having an online shop, a booking site, a subscription site, an online ticket payment site, in short all possible services and even the creation of your own marketplace. It works on the basis of product pages that allow you to:
- Represent the products for sale and provide a detailed description
- Have a basket for orders
- A reliable international payment method
- Configurable delivery options
- Automated tax calculation
- From a liaison with Google Analytics for the analysis of customer behavior, mailchimp, Facebook.
In other words, Woocommerce is the most customizable e-commerce site design software because it offers responsive sites that can integrate diversified means of transport, diversified international means of payment, delivery times according to delivery locations, loyalty points, products classified in category and short category, all possible options from promotion to the sale of your offers to the delight of your customers online.
2- AMAZON, EBAY
We have grouped these two websites together because they are marketplaces already designed that allow a third party as long as they are registered to come and sell their products there. They are intermediaries that bind any seller to any customer and for accuracy, Amazon is specialized in business to business and business to consumer and can take care of deliveries while e-bay is specialized in consumer to consumer and the seller takes care of deliveries.
The advantage with these intermediary sites is that they already receive millions of views and are ultimately one more space to promote your e-commerce site.
Find out how to make your online store profitable?
All in all, e-commerce is a highly organized sector that benefits from its software to satisfy customer orders and supplier payments.
3. E-COMMERCE BENEFITS
If e-commerce continues, it is because it has many advantages for both the consumer and the seller.
1- For the consumer
- Payment facilitation that is now available directly online and limits long waits.
- Home deliveries
- More affordable prices
- Opportunity to better understand product characteristics before purchase
2. For the seller
- Facilitating remote payment
- Less expensive than a local shop
- Lower operating costs (employees, taxes and taxes)
- Facilitating customer tracking through the customer account, which is a good sales strategy
- Possible remarketing to potential customers
4. THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF E-COMMERCE
Indeed, even at the level of e-commerce we meet:
- Business to business
A seller who offers services or products to a business buyer. Example: a software vendor that offers its software via an e-commerce site or marketplace to companies that want to grow their sales.
- Business to consumer
A seller who offers his services or products via an e-commerce site or a marketplace to the end consumer. Example: a cosmetics seller in detail.
- Consumer to consumer
Two consumers who make the decision to exchange items for a payment. Example: sales on e-bay.
Note: we want to clarify that when we talk about e-commerce, it is much more about sales on websites and not social networks which are sales tools certainly but do not allow direct purchases or insertion of online order forms with the exception of Facebook and Instagram which can host an online shop but which actually redirects to a site and for the case of the order via Facebook pay , it is social commerce.
5- HOW TO ORGANIZE YOUR SHOP?
Organizing your e-commerce store is not a difficult thing when you are mastering the necessary process and strategies. These include:
- Optimize the ordering process.
- Promote products and special offers.
1- OPTIMIZE THE ORDERING PROCESS.
Optimizing the ordering process involves key points:
- Ensure that the purchasing process can take place on different types of devices, including mobiles and computers, as mobile marketing accounts for the highest percentage of sales nowadays when you know that smartphones are the most more widely used on the market.
- Make a good detailed description of your different products. A poorly described product cannot be understood.
- Organize your inventory into category and category to make the search easier.
- If necessary add the search function to the site
- On product pages, add a gallery or video that leads the customer to look at your products
- Encourage customers to create an account so they can store their shipping, billing information, payment preferences, to facilitate future purchases
- Use past purchases, recent searches or recently seen products from a customer to recommend items that may be of interest to them
- Reward loyal customers with specially designed offers and discounts designed for them.
2- HOW TO PROMOTE PRODUCTS AND SPECIAL OFFERS IN E-COMMERCE?
This task involves setting up your online store that integrates the optimization of the ordering process to end up on better-oriented sales. The steps are:
- Setting up your online store.
- Merchandising products.
- Organizing digital advertising campaigns.
- Product recommendation.
- Proposal of related products.
1- SETTING UP YOUR ONLINE STORE
If you want to sell online, it all starts with setting up your online store. It is a question of choosing the e-commerce tools mentioned above in this case Woocommerce to create and update your e-commerce site using the free online support of Woocommerce experts and to optimize your ordering process.
2- MERCHANDISING PRODUCTS
Indeed, merchandising products is very important because it is the item to offer on the home page to attract the prospect to the shop.
It is therefore not done in a risky way but by capturing attention with a product far of the season depending on your domain to show the customer that you have the product he is looking for at the moment T.
It’s an attractive element that draws attention to your shop.
3- ORGANIZING DIGITAL ADVERTISING CAMPAIGNS
In this case of e-commerce, it is a matter of organizing digital advertising campaigns (SEA, SEM, social networks, mailchimp targeting tools…) on the pages of product destinations to attract prospects to the products you offer.
4- PRODUCT RECOMMENDATION
The product recommendation goes through the prospect’s previous activities. It is done using e-commerce tools specifically those that allow the recommendation. These are recently seen products, past purchases, recent research of the prospect that will recommend a product likely to match it.
Learn how to recommend target products on your e-commerce site.
5- PROPOSE RELATED PRODUCTS
It is also important to offer related products (products that do not correspond to the recommendations but are close) to the customer because they represent a novelty for the customer who can find satisfaction with this product. Do you know how to recommend related products on your Woocommerce site?
Retargeting, still known as remarketing in product promotion, is important to revive customers who have started a purchase without ending it. It allows the customer to be brought back to finalize his purchase.
It is done using social networks or marketing emails.
6- DIFFERENCE BETWEEN E-COMMERCE AND E-MARKETING
As we said, e-commerce is a branch of e-marketing, that is, e-marketing is the set of techniques adopted via a digital tool to promote sales and branding of a company.
It encompasses the choice of social media, commercial strategy, advertising campaigns on search engines and social networks and online sale itself which is e-commerce.
In conclusion, we can say that e-commerce is a facilitator as it is less expensive and does not require a local merchandise shop. Photos of samples are more than enough.
Need an optimized online store? Optimal management of your online store? Increased online sales? Marketing Pro International Still Available or, if you want to become an e-commerce expert, check out our e-commerce training program or find your top e-commerce freelancer on Fiverr.
PLEASE OUR FREE TIPS HERE